Come join me in my journey through the love of cooking, through difficult Creme Brulé's and easy peesy salads. Sharing my passion for cooking, great food...Let's bring the yummyness home.



Sunday, August 12, 2012

Review: Cafe Villagio


What's the best way in spending Woman's Day, well?  Not cooking, I would say.  So for Woman's Day this year we went to Cafe Villagio for breakfast.  And since we were there I thought I'd share a quick review about this coffee shop.  The one thing that caught my I and the reason I suggested it to my hubby for breakfast was the fact that they have a breakfast special for R18.95. 

Now there are a lot of places that we could have gone to to have a breakfast for under R20 but this restaurant just seem inviting. 


The look of the restaurant is very warm, modern and totally comforting, we felt really at home, the staff was very polite and friendly.  The service we experienced was great, the were quick and helpful, we didn't have to wait for any one's attention, our table was cleared if not by our waitress then by
  one of the other waitresses.
Our food was very well presented, the one thing that I really found quite innovative was the fact that their bacon was rolled up, it almost seemed like Samon roses...very clever and yummy.  The breakfast special that we took was for R18.95 and consisted of 2 eggs, 2 rashers bacon, tomato, potato chips, toast with preserves and a cup of filter coffee, tea or fruit juice.  This to me was really a bargain as normally you only get toast & eggs at other restaurants.   



And the cup of coffee was a big cup of coffee not a little sippie cup, with a little biscuit.  One thing that I noticed is that all the food that went out to the other people were very well portioned and looked really exciting. 



 So after a delightfull breakfast experience we went off to walk through China Town and shop for absolutely nothing...as you do at China Town.

I would absolutely recommend Cafe Villagio to anyone, go and make a turn, relax and enjoy a great meal.  There is lots to choose from their menu so you don't have to worry about not finding something you like.  Thank you Cafe Villagio for making my Woman's Day great.




I give them 4 out of 5 cups.


No one was paid to write a review about this breakfast and the opinions expressed in this post are voluntary and mine entirely.







No comments:

Post a Comment