Come join me in my journey through the love of cooking, through difficult Creme Brulé's and easy peesy salads. Sharing my passion for cooking, great food...Let's bring the yummyness home.



Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pumpkin Tart

As a lot of us knows -  Mom's food is always the best.  My mom is a wonder in the kitchen, I have always wanted to be able to cook like her.  Personally I think she would do great at Master chef as she can whip up something delicious out of almost no ingredients....truly amazing.  So when Hubby and I went to fetch our daughter after her visit with "Ouma" we got treated to a delicious Sunday meal...yummo.

One of the dishes my mom prepared was this pumpkin tart, it's so easy and absolutely yummy that I had to make it and share it with you.



Here we go:

Printable version

Ingredients

1kg uncooked Pumpkin
1 cup cream
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
3 eggs
2 tbs baking powder
Extra sugar & cinnamon
50ml melted butter

Method

1.  Cook the pumpkin until it's soft.  I like melting about 3 tablespoons of butter and then adding about 4 tablespoons of sugar, when the sugar mixture starts boiling  I normally only then add the pumpkin.  Add some cinnamon for flavour.




2.  After the pmupkin has cooked and is soft, remove it from the stove, place it in a mixing bowl so that it can cool down.  After about 10 to 15 minute add the rest of your ingredients.  (Just a tip if the mixture is to runny then add a bit more flour - about 100ml or so will be fine)



3.  When the mixture is smooth and there are no flour lumps then pour it into a butter or sprayed oven dish.  Take the melted butter and slowly and evenly spread it across the tart.




4.  Now sprinkle a good amount of cinnamon and sugar over the tart spreading it evenly, and then place it into the oven at 180ºC for 45 minutes.





 Take it out and let it rest for about 10 seconds....hehehe only joking, give it a minute or two and then dish up and enjoy.  Taste like pudding with the great feeling that it's kinda healthy.

Enjoy


2 comments:

  1. This tastes like heaven - I would put it in a pastry case and serve as dessert!

    ReplyDelete