Come join me in my journey through the love of cooking, through difficult Creme Brulé's and easy peesy salads. Sharing my passion for cooking, great food...Let's bring the yummyness home.



Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Homemade Chicken Burger

Takeaway night in our house is usually on a Friday or on a Saturday, but this Friday night we decided to eat in and make out very own chicken burgers.  I don't like cooking on a Friday, after work everyone is tired and who wants to cook, but this one we did...and oh my word did I cook....As in my husbands own words "this is the best chicken burgers I've ever tasted"  And I must admit they were damn good....crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside...definitely one of our favourites from now on...


So here we go:






What do we need:



Fillet Chicken
Flour
Eggs
Crumbs - I take my crumbs and mix a good selection of spices into it, beef spice, mix herbs, Parmesan cheese spice....and of course some salt and pepper, and aromat.
Spices
Cling wrap


1.  Take 1 piece of fillet and wrap it in cling wrap....now when I say wrap I mean:  take a square piece and place the chicken in the middle and fold one side of the cling wrap over the chicken to cover it.  Now take your meat hammer...and have some fun....smash that chicken...ok ok...just not to much fun...This softens the chicken.

     


 2.  I cut the chicken in halve, but it's up to you.  Place some flour in a place or a flat surface and "pat" the chicken in it...make sure that the chicken pieces are nicely covered by the flour.



3.  Warm your pan with a little bit of oil, it's better if the pan is nice and warm before you place your burger in...Now "dunk" piece by piece into the egg mix and then into your crumb mix...and then into your pan



Remember to turn the "burger" around until they are cooked nice and brown, keep your stove heat on low so that they don't burn.   



 And then enjoy on a bun with some cheese sauce and maybe some chips on the side...yum yum


No comments:

Post a Comment