Come join me in my journey through the love of cooking, through difficult Creme Brulé's and easy peesy salads. Sharing my passion for cooking, great food...Let's bring the yummyness home.



Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Grilled Cheese Sandwich


It is really cold, rainy and windy lately, and absolute stay in at home kinda weather.  So this past weekend was a very lazy cooking weekend for me.  But still I decided to make something that I've never done before and yes it's so simple that it's not anything fancy to blog about, but I had no choice it has now become my favourite kind of sandwich...I can't believe I've waited so long to make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich.

My take is of course not just the plain old cheese in between two pieces of bread...oh no...



Here is my take:

Bread
Butter - Real salted butter is always the best
Cheese (I used Edam white cheddar cheese, but you can use any)
Any filling you like


Take two pieces of bread, spread some butter on the "outside".  Turn them around and place your ingredients on the "inside" of the bread, place the two insides on top.  Warm up a non-stick pan by also adding in some butter.  Now add your sandwich to the pan...if you hear the ssshhh of the butter in the pan when you place your sandwich in you know it's ready. 

Keep flipping the sandwich around so that both sides gets exposed to heat and make sure that they turn nice and golden brown. 

Yes this is not the healthiest option but it's truly one of the best sandwiches.  A great filling to try is Tomato, onion & cheese. 

or what about Cheese & a small amount of basil pesto...like you can see below.


Or if your an egg lover like me..what about a egg & cheese sandwich.  Like the picture below



The next step is very important, when your done, cut your sandwich, sit down and enjoy...a good cup of coffee will definitely compliment your sandwich.

Bon Appetit


1 comment:

  1. Thanks designed for sharing such a pleasant thought, post is fastidious, thats
    why i have read it entirely

    my blog post; Green coffee diets

    ReplyDelete