Come join me in my journey through the love of cooking, through difficult Creme Brulé's and easy peesy salads. Sharing my passion for cooking, great food...Let's bring the yummyness home.



Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Review: Jackies Eastern Kitchen

 

I LOVE SUSHI!!! 

I have absolutely fallen in love with sushi & Chinese food, no I don't think that's a strong enough statement.  I have become addicted to sushi.  I know there's lots and lots of people that just doesn't like sushi or even Chinese food and I used to be one of them about two years ago.  I owe my love for sushi to Jackies Eastern Kitchen, they are situated in 2851 Paradys St, Paradys Park Centre, Arauna, Brackenfell, Cape Town.  Now what's great about this little restaurant is the special that they have of R99 "Eat as much as you can", for that price you can eat as much sushi & Chinese food, from a selected menu, as you can handle.

About two years ago my husband took me out for dinner and we decided we were going to try some sushi and see what is all the fuss about.  I hated it (can you believe), didn't like the seaweed taste etc...but then a couple of months later we went out for dinner with our best friends to Jackies Eastern Kitchen and wow oh wow...I fell in love with this restaurant and with the great sushi & Chinese food. 

I of course started it safe, with some sweet & sour pork and their Crispy pork which is to die for.  I then tried the Deep Fried California rolls and I was hooked.  They were full of flavour, crunchy on the outside and dipped into Soya sauce, one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed in my life.  

Below is a picture I took, at the top left hand corner is their Crispy Pork, then as we come down, right here at the bottom of the picture is my favourite Cashew Nut Chicken, the flavours are really amazing and food is freshly made.  In the middle you'll see my all time best Deep Fried California rolls with bits of sweet chili sauce and mayo.  Since we usually make use of the special the photo's show the plates that you receive which are not the full portion plates, they are smaller portion, which is great, so you can order any amount of times you want and you can try many different items.


As you can see they have a wide variety to choose from, from Tempura Prawns California rolls to Philli California rolls.  They can even do your selection with rice paper and not seaweed.



I've even had the Vegetarian California rolls, such a clean taste, almost like a pallet cleanser.



I would absolutely recommend anyone to go and eat at this restaurant, their food is absolutely fabulous, where they sometime loose a couple of points is the fact that they are always busy (if that's such a bad thing), but that would mean that food could take some time to come out of the kitchen.  I would suggest if you are in the area BOOK a table, we always book, since they have become so popular you might just wait for a table.

Jackies Eastern Kitchen gets 4 Sushi stars out of 5




Disclaimer: No one was paid to write a review about this dinner and the opinions expressed in this post are voluntary and mine entirely. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi it's me, I am also visiting this web site daily, this site is in fact fastidious and the users are genuinely sharing good thoughts.

    My blog post Green Coffee Bean Supplement

    ReplyDelete