Monday, September 5, 2011
French Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourgignon)
3. When your onions are nice and brown add some carrots, I actually added frozen carrots, since that's what I keep in the freezer even though the recipe said fresh. It still came out perfect, but it's up to you.
Now back to meat:
4. First strain (nice word for draining) the meat, don't throw away your sauce/ wine marinade as you will be using it again. Once again as in my other posts i use a pressure cooker, since it's fast and very effective. So after you strain the meat put the meat into your pot, be it a pressure cooker, slow cooker or normal pot.
5. So add some seasoning, i used as usually Soya Sauce, beef spice, rosemary herbs, and salt and grind black pepper. Brown your meat until it looks like below...don't let it burn. After that leave it for now until your sauce is complete.
Now on to the sauce:
6. In the next step I have taken a picture of what you will need:
Your wine marinade, tomato paste and then I used the Brown Onion packet as you can see below, i didn't have any beef stock, but you are welcome to use what you have, if you don't have either don't worry, use normal beef spice.
7. Add two tablespoon full of flour to your carrots & onions and mix, it almost makes a paste, this is to thicken the sauce.
8. Then add your wine marinade, tomato paste and seasoning and water. Mix well, keep stirring, your sauce will start to thicken and let it simmer for a little while, but make sure it doesn't burn.
Posted by Michele (Mrs M)